How to keep my small backyard pond from smelling?
I have very small pond out back. But since it has become warm it has been very stagnant and smelling horrible. Can anyone please tell me what i can do to fix this. Oh and I do have a water feature in the middle of the pond to move the water. But I will admit I do not run it all day everyday.
Thanks everyone for your help. I cleaned it out yesterday ... I mean really good .. and now have it running continously. I also checked online and they said to add blue foor die to it to keep the UV rays down so I am going to try that too! Thanks again!
Answer by Vernal H
from the sounds of it there is no continuous fresh water supply or filtering best thing to do would be to fill it in it's a breeding ground for mosquito's.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Incoming search terms
- What kind of animals can you put in a backyard pond?
- What kind of fish could live in a backyard pond?
- Q&A: How to make my backyard pond clear?
- Q&A: Once my tadpole morphs into a frog will it stay in my backyard pond or run away?
- Q&A: How can i transform a backyard pond into a sand box for my children?