Lowe's home improvement expert, Mike Kraft, demonstrates how to lay the foundation for a patio and walkway. The first layer is the gravel base, followed by leveling sand. These two layers will create a level area for your backyard patio. Learn how deep you should dig and what grade you should use around the house. Then, use a plate compactor to level the base foundation. Add gravel and compact again. Finally, use PVC pipe and leveling sand to create the top layer of the patio foundation. To find out how to finish installing your patio and walkway, visit www.Lowes.com
How to Lay the Foundation for a Patio or Walkway
- How to Install a Paver Patio
- How can pond liner be attached to a concrete sidewalk and house foundation?
- How to anchor a glass patio table to my lawn?
- Easy Pond And Water Garden Construction
- Preformed Garden Ponds – An Easy Way To Improve Your Garden’s Decor