What should the level of water density for koi ponds be?
Yea I was wondering if the water is too dense, (dissolved foods/parts per million), will it affect the koi fish's behavior in any way? And what should the level of water density be in a koi pond?
Answer by Ianab
Well if you have enough pollutants in the water to measure a change in density you are in BIG trouble.
But the normal thing that builds up, even in a well filtered environment is Nitrate. Aim to keep that below 30ppm. If you do enough water changes to control that then the other polluntants will be kept at low levels as well.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- Like Oil and Water… Koi Ponds and Algae Don?t Mix
- Aquascape Water Gardens, Water Features & Koi Ponds
- how can i clear up the water on my decorative garden ponds?
- How To Maintain Water Gardens, Ponds, Water Features
- Is it ok to put amphibians in koi ponds?