Why Choose a Solar Powered Water Feature?
I'm looking to see the advantages of a solar powered water feature compared to a normal mains powered one.
What are the differences and are there any real benefits?
Answer by Bruce A
The immediate benefit is that you don't have to run power to it, which can be costly.
With the solar-powered unit, you get a "nice water feature" that will last until the solar panel, the batteries or the pump wear out. The drawback is that most of them will break relatively quickly.
So, initial up-front investment, low maintenance costs and a relatively reliable system.
Or low cost, rely on it to break down more frequently.
Of course, there is also the energy saving aspect. If you use solar, the only cost is replacement of the unit, no utility bills.
One additional benefit of running power to the area, it's there in case you want it for any additional uses.
Give your answer to this question below!
- DIY Solar powered water feature
- Q&A: The power output of the Solar Powered patio lights from dollar tree?
- How To Choose A Water Feature
- Instapark® 5 Head Solar Pump Garden Fountain Pond Water Feature
- Smart Solar Aquatic Range Floating Lily Solar Fountain